2 Things We Need to be Teaching Every Child BEFORE they "Grow Up"

I was talking with my youngest son just the other day, and he reminded me of something very important.

I had been in my office working, and he had been outside riding his bike.

I came out of my office to go to my car and grab a beverage I'd left in there earlier. He rode over to the car and asked me where I was going, and if I was going to the horse rescue I'd been going to during the week. I told him I wasn't that day, but was the next day, when I'd planned on taking him with me.

He responded a little disappointedly, and then in less than 10 seconds had regained his excitement and told me that we could go somewhere else today, and that he'd like that.

My initial response was to remind him that I didn't have any money to take him anywhere, and that I had to keep working in order to get more money, so that we could go places on other days. Though I stopped myself from uttering those words this time, as it dawned on me what I was doing to him in saying words like that.

So instead of teaching him to focus on the 'what is not', I walked up to him and asked him if I could tell him a secret, which he always loves, because I usually only say that when I have something fun to tell him. He nodded yes and I bent down and told him,

"I'm going to tell you this secret, but you have to promise only to share it with other kids around your age. Okay?"



"Okay!" He said.

"Well, the secret is; kids like you are much more powerful than adults when it comes to manifesting anything they want. And I want you to know that I need your help, because even I have 'grown up' so much, that I forget how powerful I am, and I forget how easy it is to manifest the things that I want. So I need your help in remembering how powerful I am, which you can do simply by remembering how powerful you are when you're thinking about things that feel exciting. Do you think you can do that?"

"Yes!" He said, "And I'm going to think about you making all sorts of money, and us going to do lots of fun things!"

"That is fantastic!" I told him, "I want you to do that A LOT. I want you to think about all that money coming to our family, and all of the wonderful and exciting ways you can think for us to spend it, doing things we will all have a blast doing. Do you think you can do that?"

"Yeah!" He said again, "I can do that!"

"Good." I said, "I'll hold you to it."

And with that, he happily rode off on his bike, pressumably thinking about something he found exciting, which is what most 6 year olds are best at already.

And I walked back to my office, feel rather proud at myself for breaking the cycle of doubt and resistance that had been passed on to me at his age. And that pride lead me to have several conversations with my older son, whose now a teenager, and remind him just how powerful he still is, and how much more connected with source he is. And those conversations helped me to have several conversations with myself, which reminded me just how powerful I am, and just how wealthy I am to have access to so much alignment with source all around me in the form of children.

And even if I'd not been able to perceive the wider benefits of having those conversations with them, just the act of seeing them beam with pride at the idea that they were powerful and that they possess an almost magical ability to manifest anything they want, just by doing what they already love doing: thinking about what they like, I would've felt good enough about that.

Though being conscious of the wider picture provides some fascinating experience that I love to think about. Just the very idea that I didn't have to explain the how or why of their powerfulness to them, is amazingly refreshing. Had I held the same conversation with an adult, it would have easily devolved into a conversation where they spend all their energy arguing for their limitations, and I'd end up spending all my energy wondering why I torture myself trying to empower adults who seem to love living in lack and limitation.

The fact that children are happy to believe anything you tell them, is also fascinating, and immensely powerful when you think about it. Until we teach them to be skeptical and pessimistic enough, they will believe anything we tell them. Literally anything.

That is a mighty power to weld as a parent.

As my oldest son once said to me in some of my least best moments, "You have the power to completely kill my confidence with only one word."

He's not incorrect, and he's not alone in his thinking either. There are plenty of kids who feel the same way about their parents, when with all their good intentions, choose to dash their kids dreams and inspirations not in favor of something more exciting and powerful or because we have some finite evidence telling us we're right, but simply because the idea of anyone manifesting what they want without hard effort, feels contrary to what we've been told. And because it feels contrary to what our parents told us, we feel compelled to tear down our kids in the same way we were torn down. As if that is somehow better than just allowing them to hold their belief that they can manifest whatever they want very easily, even if it weren't true.

That's sort of like saying to our kids, "Well kids, I know that you feel naturally powerful and like you could have anything you want just by wanting it excitedly enough, and even though I have no evidence to prove that you can't, I'm going to keep telling you that you're not powerful because my parents told me enough times when I was your age, that I was powerless. And until you believe that you're powerless, I'm not going to stop reminding you that I believe you are, until you reach the age of adulthood, when I'm going to change directions and start being displeased with you for feeling like your not capable of getting and holding down a good job, or becoming a happy productive member of society."

Sounds pretty absurd, doesn't it?

It is.

Though it's also fascinating.

And the absurdity and fascination of it all, got me to thinking: If I can reach even just one or two other adults who are aligned with source enough to hear me and what I'm sharing, and can inspire them to STOP telling their kids they are powerless beings who must rely on the benevolence of adults who can't stop focusing on their own powerlessness, than I will have already changed the world in an amazing and powerful way.

So here it is, this golden nugget of inspiration I know will reach you when you're ready to hear it; two imparative bits of knowledge we as parents must retrain ourselves to teach our children:

1. They are the MOST powerful manifestors among us all.

 The younger we are, the less we've been influenced by the negativity of adults. Therefor, the younger we are, the much more closely connected to source energy we are, and the easier it is for us to manifest whatever we want. In fact, it isn't until our parents or other adults we look up to, continue to tell us we can't just have whatever we want, that we stop being able to manifest whatever it is that we want.

We as parents and teachers, must retrain ourselves to STOP training our kids to believe they cannot manifest whatever there hearts desire. If we don't stop doing this, we will only be contributing to the powerlessness and depression that has been quickly swallowing our world. On top of that, we'll be the primary contributors to the stress and struggle our children will have to overcome as the grow up, only to eventually find out that they could've had a much more enriched human experience if only their parents and teachers (us), hadn't spent so much time implanting negative vibrations in their psyches.

Anyone reading this, is old enough to recognize how debilitating it is to have the people you most look to for unconditional love and acceptance, be the primary instigators of negativity, disappointment, anxiety, and self-doubt in your life.

Make the deliberate decision now, to break that cycle and become the aware parents of our worlds future deliberate creators, by reminding yourself when your kids excitedly ask for or say they're going to conjure up something that you associate with a lot of effort or struggle, that it wouldn't have to be so stressful or challenging to get any of those things, if you hadn't grown up being taught that it had to be that way. Then, when your thoughts soften, instead of teaching your kids that "money doesn't grow on trees" or that "life isn't always fair" or that "sometimes we don't get what we want", try telling them that they can have what they want if they can keep in their minds that sense of wonder and excitement of having what they want, even before they have it. Let them know that while you don't yet have access to the resources to make their dreams appear in front of them right now, that you can get them if they can hold you in their minds as the confident and capable manifestors that they see us as already.

Doing this will not only help their desires actually manifest (which you will get to benefit from also), but it will teach them that they are powerful and deliberate creators who only need to be able to hold their desires in their minds until they have it. Such a belief is character, confidence, and consciousness building, and will help them develop the skills to grow into a successful, self-sufficient, and well rounded adult.

And you could think of it this way, even if this Law of Attraction stuff turns out to be a bunch of hooey 😜, your children will grow up believe that if YOU, their parent or teacher, believes they are capable and courageous, and able to do anything they put their minds to. Growing up with parents and teachers who hold us in their minds as deliberate creators with an abundance of wonderful ideas and plans, can do nothing but good for every young mind.

2. The most important asset they can take with them into adulthood, is their ability to imagine what they want and be excited about it.

 One of the biggest traps we adults fall into, is that when we think about what we want, we automatically dive into thinking about what we don't have, which we believe we need in order to manifest the things we want. We get stuck in cycles of focusing only on the what is and the what is not that is right in front of us, and have a great deal of trouble allowing ourselves just getting ourselves to stop thinking about the what is not. We get so wrapped up in obsessive thinking about what we want and don't yet have, that we build such a wall of resistance around it that it can take years to release, so that we can see the fruits of our desiring manifest into our concrete reality.

If we could only go back and remove the set points our parents built within us, which prevent us from being able to just picture what we want and the good way we'd feel when we have it, and remain happily unattached to not having it, then we'd already have all that we want, the moment we want it.

Unfortunately, we cannot go back and change the setting of those set points. We can change the now and the future, and even do so so thoroughly that it seems to go back and alter the past. And even if we could go back and change the past, it wouldn't suit us, because we would've never learned what we know now, which can now be such a vital benefit to the lives of our children. And fortunately, even though we cannot go back and change our own pasts, we can certainly have an exceptional influence on our childrens future, even if all we do is stop telling them stories that remove their power, kill their confidence, or train them to focus only on the what is not.

We can take it a step further than that though, and we should. We can teach our kids to recognize where the greatest strengths are, and which ones will be of greatest benefit to them as they 'grow up'.

The best way I've so far thought to do this, is to talk to my kids, in ways that resonnate with their ages and levels of consciousness, about the way they are naturally able to think about what they want and feel good about it as if they already possess what they wanted or had already done the exciting thing they wanted to. It only takes slight awareness to see the excitement come across a childs expression at just the merest thought about something they find exciting. They FEEL like they've already gotten what they wanted, which in turn, is why they are so utterly disappointed when we tell them they can't have that thing they already felt the goodness of as if doing it was a sure thing just because they wanted it.

The ability to feel good about what we want before we've had it and to stay excited about it until it actually happens, is exactly what is required to manifest without the requirement for a ton of contrast to help us release resistance and have what we've been wanting. It shortens the manifestation time, heightens the joy experienced once everything has conjured in front of us, and is one of the fewest things that we can take from our childhood into adulthood without any ill side-effects.

****************************************************************************

As with all my blogs, this one is but a mere thought that I've written out. It's not perfect and as I think about it, I'll come back and forth to refine it. And as I do, I hope to hear from YOU. Your questions and thoughts and contrasting experiences are all feedback that can help bring one persons thoughts (in this case mine) to the leading edge, and turn it into a conversation that empowers everyone who readily comes upon it.

So please don't hesitate to comment below with your thoughts!